Halfway through 30ies and back to bookworm



Those lazy days, waking up late and went to the beach are all I need.
And I’m back in NYC, 36 yo. Man, being 36 feels so strange. I feel like I’m older than anyone else in the world but at the same time can’t deny that I’m very young. So much of the world to see and so many people I’d like to meet.
I’m no longer hiding the fact that I’m over 35 despite and I’m behind in a lot of aspects of life. 35 was so weird too, I juggled between staying young and wants to fast forward at the same time. It went by in flash, in a snap. I remember the struggles, the breakdown and the anxiety creeping in, and so many sleeps in between.

Another thing, the time has finally has returned, that I enjoyed reading again. I love books so much, but it’s been difficult for me to devour readings. So many books and pages I’d like to digest, but so little time and attention span. I was struggling with it in a past years. But in this vacation, I grab a book and I’m hooked. And it makes me feel so alive.
This is rewinding those moments of Kafka on the Shore, Eleanor and Park, Us (oh the five-stars books I have read in 2014), One Day, Life of Pi and many more. Jesse, and most of the people I met here, is of course into reading. He read faster than me and many times he forced me to read his version of classic books. I was not confident with my ability reading classic lits, but Moveable Feast is merely 100 pages or so, let’s do this. And boy, don’t you love how Hemingway describe Paris? Don’t you remember how Midnight in Paris touched you? Aren’t you happy that these great writers depict your favorite cities in such delights?

So, I think it would be it for the rest of the year. What have you been doing would be replaced with what books have you read lately?

1 comment:

International Women’s Day

It’s the 8th of March today and acknowledged globally to celebrate women. I woke up at my usual waking time - an hour snooze after my alarm ...