Dementor Ability

If you ever read Harry Potter, you must be familiar with this role: Dementor. For those who haven’t read the book, dementor is a kind of jailer, a person who works in a jail to guard and take care after prisoners. Unlike jailer, dementors don’t walk around the prison with military uniform wannabe, and carry around a cudgel in their hand. J.K Rowling is very genius to let them use old and faded cloak, let their hands be free enough to hide under it (or at least I thought so by reading the book). Instead of physical weapon, Rowling gave them an ability to suck away the happiness from people around them. Without showing off much details, they just exist to make you feel bad. That’s why Azkaban, the prison, is the least place you want to be in.

The idea of using a dementor in a prison sounds great. There’s nothing worse than taking away your happiness, your hope and your reason to breathe. Maybe in ordinary jail you get beaten up, served insects as your breakfast, and abused by dinner. But with a happiness in your heart, and a wishful thinking in your head, you can still survive. There’s nothing they can do to replace them, if they exist for no reason.

Dementor do the best of their job as a jailer. They will succesfully create negative atmosphere whenever they around. In the name of justice. Great.

But I suggest you not to be one.
I don’t wanna be one, either.

Because I love to keep my happiness. In a closest distance to my heart. And everyone around me. If there’s an antidote for Dementor, I will be one. If dementor chase away your happiness, then I wanna be the one who give it away. It is something to share. And believe me, you’ll never run out of happiness although you spread it around. It will only make you richer. Just like the sun who never get tired of giving its shine.

Yeah, I wanna be a sunhine of this life. And you, please don’t be such a dementor for me or everyone else around you. We all need our hope, happiness and our reason to breathe.

No comments:

International Women’s Day

It’s the 8th of March today and acknowledged globally to celebrate women. I woke up at my usual waking time - an hour snooze after my alarm ...