Meditative window



It is mysterious.

How I fall in love with traveling. How I enjoy every second of teleporting my self from one place of another, and extent the blink-of-an-eye time into hours riding. I can burry my self in pages of a good reading, if the travelling done by train or plane. Either way, I can sit still and nodded my head of, waiting for the next terminal to come. You might think I am insane, as my favorite part of travelling is gazing through the window.

It is a mystery, how the window on my side can share a thousand story, and gather my million pieces of mind into meaningful points. A good chilling music will be a good companion. That’s why there are always Kings of Convenience and Sting in my MP3 player. They really know how to chase away the loneliness from inside of me, give me space to cherish my self as my self. This kind of activity is a meditative way to cheer me up. Later on, often help me with the decision I have to make. Life is about choices, isn’t it? So, travelling for me, is a good way to determine what part of life I want to play.

I still remember, the the night I spent on a bus riding to Bali. Auntie Audi on my side was sleeping, while I, back to my favorite part of traveling, made friends with the window. I stared forever into darkness, and saw my reflection on the glass instead. That girl just thought and thought and tought. It seems everything in her brain shuffled and at one point, she convinced me that quitting the job, it’s the right thing to do. And she smiled happily.

Today, as this Monday get me in the head, I will keep this in mind. Last travelling. And as a weekender, I might say I had both: tremendous weekend, and wonderful journey. The ride of my life. Although, it wasn’t that yellow volkswagen cab. A ranger, was the answer. 6 hours riding, coast to coast, a friendly driver which gave me continous crash-oh my-crash, a good friend, and laughters and then switched silence.

It is mysterious.
How I cancelled a good day in bed with this kind of activity.

Above: an on and off picture from west coast of Aceh. Just like you, turn me on and off, inside and out.


No comments:

International Women’s Day

It’s the 8th of March today and acknowledged globally to celebrate women. I woke up at my usual waking time - an hour snooze after my alarm ...