Love is a Big Truth



Just like Pepeng and Lioni once said, “…we always imagined if there was someone special by our side while we were listening to the song…”
Damn.
And the song gets me in the head.

In my mind, it would be like this:
One cozy afternoon. The rain is falling lightly outside. And here I am. A warm room. A blanket. A Couch. The song. And him. He is tall and skinny. His lips are moving slightly, rhyming every words of the songs which he remembers so well. But sometimes the edges of the lips stretched from ear to ear, when he hears me, falsing every notes of the songs. He loves the smile I have on my face, just like I like to do silly things just to make him smile. I laid my head on his lap, burrying my self on pages of a good read, trying to feel his warmth scene. His faded blue jeans, his overworn t-shirt, and his big belt buckle. He is tall and skinny, his skin colour is paler than mine. He looked at my face for three seconds and then stared blank ahead. His long thin fingers began to stroke my hair and made me wish to stop the clock from ticking. He is tall and skinny and stared blank ahead. But I know what is exactly on his mind.
And then he kissed me.

There, I’ve constructed my mind to have a date like that.
But in reality, it would be like this:
One cozy night. The rain is falling lightly outside. And here I am. A warm room. A bluejacket. A Couch. The song. And him. He is tall and skinny, his skin colour is paler than mine. The song.
….
*cencored*
And then ke kissed me.

All I do is sleep all day, And think of you.
A memory of the cushion life
I'm clinging to.
The image of a mutual one, our haven.
The sombre chords of our song, The fading.
Love is no big truth, Driven by our genes, We are simple selfish beings.
A symphony that's you,
Joyously awaking the ignorant and sleeping.

Passion and its brother hate, They come and go.
Could easily be made To stay for longer though.
Many people play this game So willingly,
Do I have to be like them, Or be lonely?
Love is no big truth, Driven by our genes, We are simple selfish beings.
A symphony that's you,
Joyously awaking the ignorant and sleeping.

I'll never need it again.

Love is No Big Truth - Kings of Convenience

No comments:

International Women’s Day

It’s the 8th of March today and acknowledged globally to celebrate women. I woke up at my usual waking time - an hour snooze after my alarm ...